Vijay Computer Academy
Global Women in TECH Scholarships
Nurturing the next generation of female digital talent!
The IT industry offers quick employment, opportunities in every sector, multiple IT career pathways, work from home while managing the kids and the family, high salaries, and it is easy to enter this industry without a college degree with NEW COLLAR jobs.
The quickest solution in a non traditional way is to get world class IT training through VCA’s IT Bootcamps & IT Certificate Courses.
TECH Needs More Women
While progress has been made to make TECH a more inclusive and welcoming space, there is still more work to be done. We want to do our part for the next generation of women in TECH by helping them gain access to high demanded, high paying IT career paths that desperately needs more diversity.
Providing girls and women with opportunities to pursue an education and build 21st century IT skills is one of the most effective ways to support girls and women to exercise their voice and leadership in their families, communities, and country.
To attract and retain girls and women in TECH,
VCA has designed this Global Scholarship Program.
Vijay Computer Academy is dedicated towards achieving sustainable development goals especially pertaining to SDG 4, 5 and 8 defined by United Nations. VCA has been the champion for digital gender equality for last 31+ years. We have been working tirelessly to achieve our ambitious goal of training 100,000 girls and women in TECH by 2030.
VCA is a commitment maker with EQUALS and GENERATION EQUALITY FORUM of UN WOMEN to bridge the digital gender divide at the grassroots by educating and empowering girls and women in TECH. Our objective is to enable women become digitally and economically independent.
Who Can Become a Scholarship Partner?
Any for-profit organizations, nonprofits, community based organizations, global foundations, UN organizations, business entities, enterprises, corporations, EQUALS and partners, private companies with CSR goals pertaining to SDG 4, 5, 8 or 10 are welcome to partner.
- Achieve diversity, inclusion & equity goals
- Inclusion in project dedicated to goals of a UN Women ‘Generation Equality’ recognized commitment maker. It involves playing a critical role in achieving UN 2030 sustainable goals and supporting deserving women in need across the globe.
- Fulfill CSR and sustainability goals
- Get customized IT skilled female talent as per your organisation needs
- Savings on high recruitment costs and new employee training costs
- Lower attrition rate
- Diverse workforce, increased productivity and profitability
- Recognization & Branding
- Contribution in bridging the digital gender divide
- Hire and retain more female with IT skills nurturing continous talent pipeline
IT Bootcamps Available for Scholarship
By default, an A2 level of English proficiency is required. Candidates should be certain in committing during all the duration of the cohorts.
Types of Scholarships
- Merit based scholarships (passion)
- Socio-economic status based scholarships
Are you a woman who wants to apply for this Global Scholarship Program?
Who Can Apply For This Scholarship?
- Underserved and unpriviledge women
- Women of color
- Accessibility Impaired women
- Women who want to re-enter the workforce
- Women who are looking for remote jobs
- Women career changers (diversify in IT)
- Women living in underdeveloped, least developed countries
- Women refugees and immigrants