Linux Course (with Shell Programming)
Today, Linux system is prevalent in the information sector and more and more companies are migrating towards it. As a result, there is a high demand for those skilled in it.
No college degree or prior IT background is needed.
This certificate course is open to all with working knowledge of English language.
521 already enrolled!
Because words aren’t enough, we let numbers do the talking!
A person working as a Linux Administrator in United States typically earns around
$ 94,500 per year.
The job prospects for Linux System Administrator are favorable. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there is expected to be
a growth of 10% from 2016 to 2026.
Linux jobs available on Indeed.com in February 2022.
Why to enroll?
Learn Linux Operating System with Shell Programming and be proficient in understanding Operating System Concepts, Linux commands & editors, carrying out Unix File Management and Shell Scripting doing Network Configuration and Security Management in Unix.
This course will serve as a foundation course for the higher level course in Unix.
What types of jobs require Linux skills?
Linux Provides Good Career Opportunities.
- Assistant linux system administrator
- DevOps Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Senior Software Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Python Developer
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Software Developer
- System Administrator
- Linux Administrator
- Linux Engineer
- Senior Java Developer
- C++ Developer
Why to learn LINUX?
- Linux is everywhere – you are most likely already using Linux on a daily basis
- Versatile – you can use Linux on virtually anything you develop
- Linux is a community – you can work with other Linux developers to share knowledge and learnings
- Linux is ubiquitous – From servers & smartphones to smart devices & games consoles, Linux claims a huge share of the global operating system market.
- It is free and open source – Unlike Windows and MacOS, anyone can learn and get started with Linux for free and read the source code to understand what’s going on under the hood.
- Good career prospects – From web development & infosec to connected devices & dev ops, knowledge of Linux plays an important role in helping you land a job with a business that uses Linux in their technology stack (and looking at the numbers, it’s a majority!)
FREE IT Info Sessions
VCA’s Info Session provide you the opportunity to learn about high paying IT careers and get a taste of our IT Courses and IT Bootcamps.
Linux Course Outline
|1||Operating System Concepts||07|
|2||Basics of Unix with Linux||03|
|4||Unix Shell Programming||12|
|5||Unix AWK shell Programming / Scripting||08|
The approximate time required to complete the program is as follows:
- Full Time mode — 5 weeks
- Part Time mode — 10 weeks