How important is technology in education?
Teaching is a challenging profession and even when teachers go home at the end of the day, their work often isn’t done. You get me, right?
From grading assignments and planning lessons to communicating with parents about their child’s progress or misbehaves, teachers have busy schedules and long to-do lists.
So, what could help? What could be a good solution?
Well of course, TECHNOLOGY.
Teachers who learn to embrace technology can improve their efficiency, streamline their work, and even lighten their workload by letting technology take care of some of their administrative tasks.
In addition, as advances in technology drive globalization and digital transformation, teachers can help students acquire the necessary skills to succeed in the careers of the future.
Increased Collaboration and Communication
Personalized Learning Opportunities
There are many resources online that allow students to explore and expand their knowledge with a variety of content.
As reported in Apps Developed by Academics, in 2015, there were at least 80,000 educational apps so imagine how many educational apps and platforms are available now!
Curiosity Driven by Engaging Content
Basic technology skills that all educators should NOW have:
- Word Processing Skills
- Spreadsheets Skills
- Database Skills
- Web Navigation Skills
- E-Mail Management Skills
- Digital Cameras
- File Management & Windows Explorer Skills
- Installing Computer Software onto a Computer System
- Video conferencing skills
- Computer-Related Storage Devices (Knowledge: disks, CDs, USB drives, zip disks, DVDs, etc.)
- Scanner Knowledge
- Educational Copyright Knowledge
- Computer Security Knowledge
Teachers looking to make the transition and acquire the skills to incorporate technology in education can take advantage of learning opportunities through VCA. Vijay Computer Academy offers many IT courses to prepare educators with essential skills like Excel, Advanced Excel, MS Office, Data Analytics and so on.
Check our VCA Educators Flyer to learn how VCA is helping to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 by providing IT skills in a healthy learning environment for children.
- Join VCA for a FREE IT webinar to find out the right career pathway to your dream IT job.
- Fill out this interest form and we will reach out to you with complete program info.
- VCA provides DEMO / TRIAL classes for each of the bootcamps and IT certifications we offer.
Become VCA’s partner to nurture the talent pipeline for the next generation of the IT professionals.